Walking on Sunshine
Recently a couple of my fellow bloggers, Carolyn from This Talk Ain’t Cheap and Cynthia from Kinda Silly Mommy, gave me the Sunshine Award.
They both came up with a set of questions so I thought I’d answer them today. Consider it a glimpse into the life of the gal behind the blog.
First up, Carolyn.
1. If you couldn’t blog anymore, what would your “outlet” be?
Doing the same thing I’m doing now…exploring LA. Except I’d be keeping all my finds to myself.
2. If you could go to a spa and get any treatment they provided, what would you get?
Confession time. I’ve never been to a spa. But I’ve always wanted to go to Glen Ivy and play in the mud pool.
3. If you could go back in time, would you have followed a different career path than you did? What would it be?
For sure. I don’t really have a specific career path…I’ve pretty much stumbled into every job I’ve had. I think I would have majored in film. I’d really like to work at a studio.
4. You can plan any type of vacation you want. Would you want relaxing or adventurous?
Definitely adventurous. When I’m on vacation I want to see and experience everything I possibly can in the place I’m visiting. I can relax at home.
5. What food do you hide from your kids and sneak after they go to bed?
No kids so I get to eat all my food in the open (but I should probably hide it from myself).
6. What TV show (that is currently on) are you addicted to?
Mad Men. I love the evolution of Don Draper. When the show first began I would think “he’s such a horrible person but if he took one look at me I’d fall in an instant.” Now I think “boy, is he pathetic.” I’m super excited for the next season. I wonder if it will be all about his redemption.
7. What was the best book you’ve ever read?
This is a toughie. I LOVE books. I would have to say Anne of Green Gables.
8. Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what would you play if you could?
Sadly, no. But I would love to play the violin.
9. What was the first and last concert you’ve been to?
My first concert was The Gatlin Brothers at the Orange County Fair. They were a country trio and I went with my mom and aunt when I was seven. I remember being shocked when Larry Gatlin, the lead singer, chose an “audience member” and gave her a big kiss. We went again the next year and he did it again. I remember being disappointed that I fell for the gimmick the first time.
Last concert was Pink Martini at the Hollywood Bowl.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.
Now on to Cynthia!
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Oh man! I’ve got such a sweet tooth! Probably ice cream. Especially mint chip.
2. Everyone has a secret talent. What is yours?
I have a really good memory. In school I would rarely take notes, hardly study, and ace the test. I’ve seriously considered entering memory competitions (they do exist).
3. Do you have a tattoo? If so, what is it? or which is your favorite? If not, if you were to get one, what would you get?
No tattoos. I’ve often thought about it but the permanence scares me off. If I did get one it would definitely be an old school sailor one – anchor, heart, bird, etc.
4. What has been your favorite costume for Halloween?
When I was 16 I was an old man. I wore my dad’s pants, shirt and tie, an old sweater, a grey wig and a mustache. I wore it to the Halloween Treat at Disneyland and was chosen to be in the costume parade. I love that I can say that I was in a Disneyland parade (there was a float and everything!).
5. If a movie was to be made about you and your amazing life, what actor would you cast as yourself? Please explain!
Oh gosh! I’ve gotten a few Drew Barrymore comparisons. I think it’s because I have a slight lisp.
6. What would your Real Housewives tag line be? If you don’t know what that is, What would be your motto?
I’ve never watched any of the Real Housewives. I’d like my motto to be “she left no stone unturned.” Wait, that sounds more like an epitaph.
7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
I was crazy about the TGIF lineup, especially Full House.
8. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do and why?
Oh wow! I would sneak into all the studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.) and explore the archives.
9. What is your favorite cereal?
Hmmm…I know this is strange but I really like a bowl of bran flakes with fresh banana.
10. Name your top 5 movies or songs.
Too hard! I love movies too much! Here’s 5 random ones that I love: Roman Holiday, Ball of Fire, The Apartment, Anchorman, and Planes Trains and Automobiles.